Tuesday, May 7, 2013

April Newsletter...in May


Dear Friends of Mission Surge,

I want to thank each one of you for praying for the work of Mission Surge and for the requests that are sent out in each newsletter.  I want to thank those of you who have given so faithfully to the work.  And I want to say thank you to those of you who share         with others about the ministry.  I cannot express my gratitude to you enough.  You are a vital part of the work!  Thank you.

I want to give you a report on what has transpired over the last month or so.  First, I was scheduled to preach a Harvest Day at Unity Baptist Church in Atmore, AL on Easter Sunday, then speak to the men on Monday night, and share about Mission Surge with the congregation on Wednesday night.  Unfortunately, I came down with the flu the week before Easter and was still running fever on Saturday night so the meeting was rescheduled for the week of October 6.  I traveled to McDavid Florida April 6 and 7 to Rays Chapel Baptist Church for a Family Discipleship Conference.  I think I enjoyed myself more than the people did.  It was a great time and I had many people share with me how much they were challenged and encouraged and strengthened from our time together.  Then, on April 29, I kicked off a month of Mission Mondays at Macedonia Baptist Church in Petal, MS.  We spent the hour looking carefully at Acts 1:8 and applying it to our lives.  It was a challenging reminder for me, and I hope that it was a challenge to those who attended.  I appreciate so much your prayers for me and for these congregations. 

I ask you to please pray for me as I preach at the following:


I am praying for more opportunities to preach Harvest Days, Revivals, Family Discipleship Conferences, and Missions Conferences.  Please pray with me that doors will open and invitations will be extended.  Also, if any of you have openings in your church on Sunday nights or Wednesday nights, I would love to come share about the vision and work of Mission Surge with your congregation.  Please share the word.

I want to ask you to pray for our work in the DR.  We are about to attempt something new in our work in the Dominican.  We are planning a mission trip to 2 virtually unreached communities in the Dominican Republic.  One community is La Mocha.  The other is called Salcedo.  These trips will be organized by two of our partner pastors in the DR.  The unique part of this mission trip is that they will not be planning and organizing the mission trip for Americans, but for their own congregations!  They will each lead a team of volunteers from their congregations to spend a week in Salcedo and La Mocha.  The Dominican team will do exactly what American teams do when they go.  This trip will not require translators and will only cost a fraction of what it would take to send a team from the U.S. The only problem is, the Dominicans will not be able to fund their transportation, lodging, and meals.  I am asking God to raise up 10 individuals, Sunday school classes, or churches who would be willing to support one Dominican team member for this effort.  One Dominican team member can be fully supported for the entire week long mission trip for only $100!  Would you pray with me for God to raise up individuals, families, Sunday school classes, or churches to fully support 10 Dominicans for this effort?  It is our hope and prayer that it will not only impact Salcedo and La Mocha, but also the two teams who go and the churches that send them out.  If God burdens your heart to give to this effort, email me at kevin@missionsurge.com or message me from https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mission-Surge/145423062144598?ref=hl and I will let you know how you can do so.

There are several other exciting things that are going on with Mission Surge.  They are in the beginning stages, but I hope to be able to share them with you in the next month or so.  It is hard for me to keep my mouth shut!

Finally, we are expecting our 5th child Tuesday, May 14.  Please pray for Mandy and the rest of the family as we welcome baby Silas into our family.  I feel sure there will be a blog post or two at kevinivy.com about him next week so check it out! 

Until next time….  

No comments: