Sunday, April 19, 2009

1 Day and Counting

One day and counting until we leave for India!

I am getting ready to walk out of my office and into the worship center to attempt to preach God's Word one more time before leaving to preach His Word along the journey. I have been encouraged this weekend to hear from so many people who are forwarding my blogs around to hear from so many who are praying for us and organizing prayer for us. Thank you for your willingness to pray, and as William Carey would say, hold the ropes for us as we go. Our trip will literally be powerless unless the power of God falls, so please continue to pray.

Today will be spent trying to enjoy some more family time and getting packed up to head out. My next blog post will likely come from an airport lobby. Please, if you do not automatically receive my blog updates, check in at kevinivy.com periodically each day for updates. I will try to keep you guys posted all along the way, as much as I can. We will be on airplanes all day tomorrow, tomorrow night, and Tuesday. We should arrive at Kochi at about 4 p.m. Tuesday evening CST (4 a.m. Wednesday in India). We will then drive four hours to Calicut and go straight to work, so be patient if you do not hear from us real regularly for a few days.

Anyway, please continue to pass the word along and continue to pray, pray, pray. Pray for us as we journey. Pray for the Mapilla people. Pray for God to be glorified. Until next time…pray.

No comments: