Friday, February 7, 2014

John G. Paton Quotes and Notes

I have read stories about John G. Paton, but I am embarrassed to say that I have never read his own story about himself.  After all, it is 500+ pages in length...a bit intimidating to say the least.  For Christmas, I got a copy of his autobiography and have just begun to work my way through its pages.  What I am finding is absolutely spell-binding.  In his writing you can sense the power of God in the man.  You can sense a working of God's Spirit in his life and in his writing long after he has been dead and buried.  I am sad that in all my years of growing up in church I never heard his name, much less his story.  I would guess that you probably have never heard of him either.  I would also guess that you are probably not planning to dive into a 500+ page autobiography about him...or are you on amazon.com right now looking for a copy?

Just in case you aren't pulling out your credit card to purchase your own copy...and just in case you ARE pulling out your credit card, but will never actually crack the cover on the book once you receive it 2 days later due to that amazon prime thing you signed up for because you wanted to read more books this year...sorry for the rabbit trail.  My A D D kicked in...anyway...just in case you aren't going to read his book, I am compiling a list of quotes and notes from my personal reading for you!  His story is unbelievable.

It is a life-altering story of a man who gave his entire life to the evangelization of his own people in Scotland and the cannibals of the south sea (40+ years among the cannibals).  I will begin posting "quotes and notes" from this 500+ page work in the near future here on my blog.  I just want you to be aware and be on the lookout.  If you haven't followed me on twitter or Facebook please do so just to ensure you don't miss any breaking news.  You can do so here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mission-Surge/145423062144598

https://twitter.com/missionsurge

In closing, let me encourage you to be on the lookout for lots of new news in March.  God has been good to us at Mission Surge already in 2014 and there is much to unveil...in God's time.  Until then, keep your eyes open and remember, I leave for the Dominican on Feb 24 and need your prayers.  Please spread the Word.

No comments: