Thursday, March 21, 2013

March Newsletter


Dear Friends of Mission Surge,

In this month’s update I want to share with you the following things for you to be aware of and pray about. 

1.  I ask you to pray for me over the next couple of months as I travel and preach.  I will be preaching a Harvest Day at Unity Baptist Church in Atmore, AL on Easter Sunday morning.  Please pray that many will be touched by the Gospel and born again.  Then on Monday night, I will be meeting with some of the men of the church to discuss moving from a deacon led church government to an elder led church government.  On Wednesday I will be sharing with the congregation about the work of Mission Surge.  Then on Saturday night, April 6, I will be preaching in McDavid, FL at a youth event.  I will be delivering the gospel to these young people and challenging them to a life of true holiness.  Then on Sunday, April 7, I will be preaching 4 times at Rays Chapel Baptist Church in McDavid, FL as I lead a Family Discipleship Conference.  Then I will be traveling back to Jones County on Monday to lead a Bible study.  April will conclude on Monday, April 29 with a Missions Conference at Macedonia Baptist Church in Petal, MS.  I plead with you to lift me up and these churches up.  I am hungry to see God do a work and I covet your prayers.

2.  I also ask you to please pray for my preaching schedule to continue to fill up.  Please share with anyone and everyone that I am available to preach Harvest Days, revivals, missions conferences, and family discipleship conferences.  I am also available on Sunday nights and Wednesday nights to simply come and share about the work of Mission Surge with churches.  I know as a pastor I was often looking for someone to come and fill a Sunday night or Wednesday night spot.  I will come!   I would appreciate it if you would share the word about Mission Surge with your pastors and churches.  

3.  I also ask you to pray for a special event in Birmingham, AL.  You can go to the following website and check it out.  I have the privilege of speaking at this event and would encourage you to bring all the father’s that you know!  Please pray for all of the speakers and those who attend the Master’s Plan for Fatherhood.  Here is the link:  https://ncfic.org/events/view/birmingham-masters-plan 

4.  The Bible study in Jones County continues on Monday nights.  Please pray for that as well.

5.  I also want to ask you to pray about the following things that I cannot expound upon at this point in detail.  More info will come in April’s newsletter.

  • Gene Pickern has just recently returned from the Dominican Republic.  I will be meeting with him the week after Easter to be brought up to speed with what is happening there and with what is planned for the future.  There are many promising things going on in the DR. Please pray for us as we meet and look to the future work in the DR. 
  • I also want to ask you to pray about 2 major developments in the international work of Mission Surge.  I can’t go into great detail at the moment, but know that I covet your prayers as we are going to be considering some major expansion to the international work.
  • Also, please pray about a major endeavor locally that is in the process of being fleshed out.  This will be an opportunity for individuals, missions committees and local churches to join hands with Mission Surge and impact individuals and families in their communities! 
  • Please pray for us as we replace a number of our board members next month.  Pray that God will lead, guide, and direct in this process.


6.  If you are not following me on twitter please follow the link below and do so:  https://twitter.com/missionsurge

7.  If you are not following my blog please follow the link below and do so:  http://kevinivy.blogspot.com/  I have been posting fairly regularly thoughts on contentment.  I would encourage you to follow me and read them as God would lead. 

8.  If you have not like Mission Surge on Facebook, please go the following link and do so:  

9.  Finally, I appreciate your continued prayers concerning our home saga.  We made another offer on a home this week, but were outbid so we are back to square one.  Baby Silas is due in May and I was hoping that we would have a contract before the end of March so that we could close in April and move in before May.  That apparently is not going to happen at this point.  We definitely do not want a house that God does not want us to have.  We want to be exactly where God wants us and that is why we are very methodically trying to follow His leadership, guidance, and direction in relation to this.  In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths.  That is what we are hanging on to.  We covet your prayers.

Please pray for us!  We desperately need your prayers.  

No comments: