Wednesday, October 15, 2014

October News from Mission Surge

Dear Friends of Mission Surge,

I wanted to give you a brief update on what is happening with us.

First, if you have not watched The Oblivious Film yet, please take time to check it out and share it with those on your email list, Facebook friends, Twitter followers, etc.  It was, and still is, our prayer that God will use this film to wake up and shake up the Bible Belt to our desperate need for the Gospel.  You can watch the film at www.oblivousfilm.com

Second, if you have not taken time to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and follow the Mission Surge blog, please do so today.  The links are below.




Third, we are currently in the final stages of a very strategic discipleship study that we have been working on for the past year.  It is a curriculum that we hope will help individuals mature as disciples and also be able to use to make disciples.  We hope to be announcing the details very very soon.  Please be in prayer for this and keep your eyes open for more details soon.

Fourth, I would ask that you please pray for me and with me.  I am in the midst of seeking God’s direction concerning several inter-connected issues/possibilities.  If you would pray that God would give me and my family His wisdom, discernment, leadership, guidance, and direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Finally, I wanted to ask you to pray for two of our affiliated ministries:  Coram Deo and ECCI.  You can learn more about both of them at www.missionsurge.com  Pastor Jerry Marcellino (ECCI) will be traveling, along with his wife, to Italy to work with Coram Deo next month (November 5-21).  I ask you to pray for them and for the work of Coram Deo.  If you are interested in more detail or if you are able to help them financially with this effort, please contact Jerry or donate through our website. 

Below is a personal letter from Jerry and I have attached more information about what they will be doing while oversees.

If you are receiving this email it’s because I count you a dear personal friend and brother in
Christ. And because I know you to be one with a heart for the gospel and a desire to see Christ 
proclaimed among the nations, I have written this note to request your prayers for my wife  
Dawn and me as we go minister in Italy and Sicily next month (November 5-21). Please see the
Above attachment for details about these two important leadership conferences. 

Basically, we are going to be addressing the topic of “Holiness” to both the male leadership and
women from the various churches who will be attending (including missionaries) these two
conferences from both the far Northern to the extreme Southern regions of Italy.

We are also seeking the Lord for roughly $3,500 at this “late” hour to cover some last second
unexpected costs for my wife and me, as well as for other conference expenses for putting on
these two weekends. If you can pray for this wonderful ministry opportunity and also consider
making a gift toward meeting these needs, either personally, or from your church or its mission’s
committee, that would be very encouraging to us and a blessing to Italian believers.
I remain, your affectionate brother,
In the co-labors of the gospel,
Jerry Marcellino
*Please feel free to call me on my cell number below.
**Please visit the link below for more important information related to our trip:


Jerry Marcellino
Pastor, Audubon Drive Bible Church
P.O.Box 8055
Laurel, MS 39441-8000

Mobile 601-466-6568
Office 601-649-8570



Thank you for your prayers and support of Mission Surge.  Please keep us on your prayer list!  Please keep us in mind if we can be of any use to you or your church for revivals, harvest days, missions conferences, etc.  Until next time…

No comments: